I have GOT to find more Real Estate Agents! I don’t love cold calling, but I have a hard time finding their email addresses on their marketing items. I’ve gone to open houses and I am scheduled to teach a class/give a presentation at a local realtor office in a few weeks to try and meet some additional agents. But, what else can/should I do?
– Blythe Kirkwood from TX
- Have an amazing website that is SEO rich and ranks locally in Google. Catch the low-hanging fruit by being found online. If your site looks homemade, you are in trouble. Remember, you have only one chance to make a great first impression. Invest in a great website, with amazing photos.
- If you have been in business more than one-year and you are a RESA-PRO, and you are a fantastic public speaker, you may apply to become a RESA Approved Instructor and teach the Staging to Sell, What Every Agent Should Know 3-hour MCE course. This is available in Texas so you are in luck! By giving PURE education to agents and NOT using a self-promotion presentation you will be viewed as an expert, like a local celebrity. Become a mover and a shaker in your market and have the agents knocking on your door in no time.
- I also recommend that you market directly to homeowners who are currently on the market. You can use Redfin to find homes on the market for an extended period. I recommend sending them an amazing flyer addressing their specific time on market and how you can help. “Has your home been on the market for more than 90-days with no offers? Your company name can help. We staged this listing in your neighborhood and it sold in X days for X over list price.” Use photos on that flyer that are professional quality, and send it. Then send another flyer to them again if their house has not sold the following week.
- I also recommend teaching a DIY home staging workshop. Instead of doing an in-person consultation, market a DIY workshop and get several sellers to come at one time. Give them tips and have them send in photos of their home and go over those in the workshop. You will be able to give them general information on staging, why it works, etc and give them specific information on what they can do to stage their home on their own. If they want a bid for you to do the work, great! If not, that is ok as well as you have given them every penny’s worth in the workshop.
- I also recommend getting involved with your local association of REALTORS and WCR (Women’s Council of Realtors) attend their meetings as an affiliate, go to their mixers and fundraisers. Become a regular and volunteer for a committee. If you want to get business from agents, you need to infiltrate their territory.
- Last but not least, join a local RESA chapter. RESA Chapters are often involved with associations already and the feedback and comradery are priceless.
Shell delivers incredible and effective strategies with passion that is so contagious it motivates clients to make necessary changes so they can have the business they desire.
Shell's fans agree, after working with her, "Making the Right Choice, Just Got Easier™!" Call me today 209-623-5809!
Latest posts by ShellBrodnax (see all)
- Ask A RESA Expert – I Have GOT To Find More Real Estate Agents! - November 1, 2017
- Ask The Experts – How To Spend Advertising Dollars? - October 2, 2017
- Is Preparing Your Home for Market a DIY Task? Take the Quiz. - January 9, 2014