So, how can you make the home you are selling energy efficient without breaking the bank?
1. Change out light bulbs
2. Fix any leaking, dripping or running faucets, hose bibs or toilets
3. Weather strip doors and caulk
Able to spend a little more?
1. Install low-flush toilets and low-flow showerheads
2. Install solar screens on your windows
Want to go whole hog?
1. Check with your City and see what energy rebates they offer for major purchases like appliances and heating and cooling systems
2. Replace the insulation in your house
There are great resources out there with many more ideas for how to “green” your home. Not only will you ensure that your house appeals to those buyers looking for energy efficiency, you will make Mother Earth happy too!
To read more of our series on What Home Buyers Want and How You Can Make it Happen, click here.