As a home stager, decorator, or interior designer High Point Market is a must do, at least once a year! Not only is it a great place to make connections with that wholesaler you have had your eye on, but it’s a great place to leave feeling inspired and ready to take your business to a whole new level!
Shell Brodnax and Gina Vierra from RESA Headquarters took a trip out East to North Carolina to attend the, largest furnishings industry trade show in the world at High Point Market. They were able to meet with wholesale vendors, that we are hoping to bring to RESA and educate them on the staging industry and how to work with stagers.
Helpful tips from RESA HQ on attending High Point Market:
- Make appointments for your must see showrooms
- Take pictures (making sure to ask first) of items you may want to buy, and at the end of your day email them to yourself with the vendors name so you don’t forget where you took a photo of that one throw pillow you have to have!
- Leading up to market make notes of resources you see on social media, in home magazines ect. and be sure to plan to map them out before arriving to market.
- Wear comfortable shoes, your feet will thank you.
- Make sure to allow some wandering time to explore new vendors, this is the magic of market!
- If you are coming with your team, split up – this way you can cover more ground!
- Take breaks!
- Take advantage of the educational and professional development events that take place daily.
Latest posts by Real Estate Staging Association (see all)
- AspiredHOME is the official magazine of the Real Estate Staging Association - July 27, 2017
- RESA Member Wins Several Awards From The Building And Development Association Of Southern Indiana - July 7, 2017
- RESA Members Had The Honor Of Staging a $20M Historical Manor, The Rapidan Estate, Owned By Governor Jim Justice - July 7, 2017